Friday, November 2, 2012

Having two...

So it is no secret that both my girls are T1D. Elly was diagnosed at 25 months old and Anne was 11 months old. At this point, both girls have had diabetes for more than half of their lives. As much as I HATE diabetes, and I HATE that both girls have to live with the D monster, I LOVE LOVE LOVE how they support each other when it comes to diabetes. They fight horribly about EVERYTHING, except when diabetes comes into play. They could be having a knock-down, drag-out fight, and the minute one of them needs a site or sensor change, they are there for each other. It is so heart-warming to see. Tonight Anne needed an infusion set change, and Elly immediately went to go and get Anne's kitty (her kitty is her lovey) and then sat right next to her until the change was done. And Anne will do this exact same thing for Elly. They have a bond that most sisters don't have. Now granted, I wish it wasn't a bond that they have, but I do feel that it will make them even closer as sisters as they get older, and for that I am grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment